Getting Conversion Data With Your New Analytics Profile
A few people emailed/posted a great question about finding the conversion data with the new filters you added to your Google Analytics profiles we discussed in our PPC Management series. Here you go:
(These instructions start after you are logged into your Analytics profile of choice…)
If You DO NOT Use Goals -
1. Click on Content.
2. Then click on Top Content.
3. Find your conversion page and click on it…you will get a bunch of fantastic stats about that page.
(Click the image above to see a bigger picture…)
4. Drop down the Segment menu and choose Keyword (directly underneath and to the right of the bold sentence “This page was viewed **** times“).
If You USE Goals!
1. Click on Traffic Sources.
2. Then click on Keywords.
3. Click on a detailed keyword.
4. Finally, click on Goal Conversion – you can see the keyword conversion rate, number of conversions, and my favorite: the Per Visit Goal Value for that specific keyword!
Now you can review all the specific keywords that converted from AdWords!